My Word for 2015 is OPPORTUNITY

running to God

Each year I wait patiently to hear God’s word for the year. This year, I believe He has chosen opportunity. We all kind of know what that means but I decided to verify my ideas by looking it up at http://www.dictionary.com to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.  This is their definition:

1. an appropriate or favorable time or occasion:
  2. a situation or condition favorable for attainment of a goal.
  3. a good position, chance, or prospect, as for advancement or success.

I don’t typically make resolutions because over the years, I have simply failed at keeping them. I don’t like failure, so I quit doing that which caused me to fail—like making resolutions. With today’s word, it appears that God might want me to set a goal or make a resolution.  Is He trying to say this year will be different and I will actually make it to my goals for 2015 if I set them?

In 2014 He gave me the word blessing.  I learned through the year of 2014 that I can choose to look at my life situations and praise God for His blessings, or I can go through my life being angry that He is not doing more.  In my heart, I want praise on my lips no matter my circumstances.  In my humanness, again, sometimes I fail.

Overall, every day in 2014 was a blessing just as every day in 2015 will be an opportunity.  If I simply choose to give God control of my life and allow Him to open the doors, I will abound in blessings and opportunities no matter what year it is.  There is part of me that just wants to have a blind faith…no plan…no resolution.  I just want to wake up and ask God to take me where I am to go for that day. I want to run after Him like I have never run before.

So, today, I’m taking a chance with only one resolution. I am choosing to trust God with my year and vow to run after Him. I know He knows me more intimately than any other being. He loves me and wants me to succeed in His plan for my life. I can believe that every day when my feet hit the floor, God will be there to show me my opportunities. The Holy Spirit will be there to lead the way. Planning is good, resolutions add focus, but trusting in the One that knows what’s best for me is priceless.

So Lord, as we walk through this thing called life together, please remind us of our blessings, guide us to our opportunities and help us to stay on the path that you have planned for us in 2015. All of our days we will praise and give you thanks for what You have done.

What is your word for 2015? Is God renewing your spirit and filling you with a fresh slate for the new year? What opportunities are you looking forward to in 2015? May He guide and direct you in the upcoming weeks and months.  Praise be to God who cares for us!

Happy New Year!

Psalm 119:33-35 (TLB) Just tell me what to do and I will do it, Lord. As long as I live I’ll wholeheartedly obey.  Make me walk along the right paths, for I know how delightful they really are.

1. tinamhunt
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 16:59:56

Great thoughts, Lori. Love the scripture!

2. Cecelia Lester
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 17:41:48

Lori: My word for 2015 is ‘STRENGTH’ I need God’s strength to help me stay on a restrictive diet for the rest of my days.

3. ckfus
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 23:02:04

Good words to ponder. I like the idea of choosing a word for the year. By the way, thanks for following me. Blessings in this new year!

Jan 02, 2015 @ 06:11:48

The last few years, it’s as if the word chooses me. I look forward to all this year’s word brings. I look forward to reading your upcoming posts. 2015 blessings to you!

4. Kathleen
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 23:29:53

Indeed. There are opportunities all around us–daily. We just need to keep alert and step out in faith! Thank you for a great post.

5. cjjustice1
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 00:57:56

I thought I had left a reply here before, but don’t see it. Perhaps we talked on my site. At any rate, I began a 4-day devotional yesterday – choosing a word for the year. As I looked over my spiritual goals for the year, I found that I had written the same word over several times. The word that seems to be the one for 2015? – FAITHFUL! … ” Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” i Corinthians 4:2 (AKJV)