I Sure Am Thankful for YOU!

thankgivingI just wanted to stop by during the day to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!  Jim and I have a quiet day today, as we won’t be having the family in until Saturday for our celebration.  One of my friends mentioned on her Facebook page this week, “Thanksgiving is fine, but thanksliving is even better!”  This is so true.  So even though I’m taking the time to tell you how thankful I am for you today, that statement is true every day, no matter if it is a holiday or not.

I have been writing my blog now for over two years.  Often a blogger wonders if anything they write makes a difference.  I appreciate hearing from each and every one of you that has responded to tell me how my words spoke into your life that week.  My ministry has been one of encouragement, but even the encourager needs encouragement sometimes!  I’m thankful for those who give feedback and kind words.  Others have unhappily disagreed with my thoughts and challenged my stance causing me to dig deep to defend my thoughts and values.  I thank them as they have helped me grow in my faith without even knowing it!  There are times when I write what I think was an exceptional piece and never hear a word from anyone. I am even thankful for no response as it challenges me to look back–did I say what I needed to say?  Did I miss the mark?  At the end of the day, though, I need to just write and trust that God has it all under control.  If I were writing for the applause of men, I would not have lasted this long.  I do what I do for God and I am THANKFUL He has entrusted me to be His spokesperson.  His inspiration will be what keeps me going.

As you know, 2013 has not been an easy year for us.  We got the first call about my cancer diagnosis the day after Christmas last year and it has been an up and down kind of year since then.  I am thankful for your prayers, concerns, notes, well-wishes, and even gifts in the past several months.   My ministry title is, “I’m just trying to be a blessing.”  You aren’t trying, you’ re the real thing!  Thanks again for reading, encouraging, challenging and even in silence.  I hope to be back real soon, full-force ahead with lots of encouragement, laughs and most of all…pointing your thoughts towards God!  Happy Thanksgiving!

Philippians 1:3 (NIV)  I thank my God every time I remember you.

1. Kathy Storrie
    Nov 28, 2013 @ 23:52:43

I loved the “thanks living” phrase and your pretty picture. Life is all about Thanks Giving and Living. Congratulations on your 2 yrs. of blogging. Time goes by fast. I have enjoyed reading them. You have a knack of taking everyday mundane things most people ignore or take for granted and you turn them into a story of interest or/and spiritual encouragement .Keep up the great work! I’m hoping to start a blog soon when my son can help me and I hope I can build up enough nerve to write one and put it out in cyberspace for people to read and criticize. A little scary.

2. mona
    Nov 29, 2013 @ 08:11:01

Hi, Lori. You are a blessing. I hope you have a wonderful family gathering.

3. monasimp
    Nov 29, 2013 @ 08:13:34

Hi, Lori. You ARE a blessing to me. God has gifted you with wonderful uplifting insight.. When you don’t hear from me, it is because I simply cannot remember my password to comment. 🙂 I love you. – mona

Dec 01, 2013 @ 09:19:08

That’s funny! We have way too many passwords in the world today, don’t we? It used to be we just had to memorize a phone number! Thanks for reading and for your feedback!

4. Evangelize To Me
    Dec 02, 2013 @ 12:21:17

Hi Lori! Congrats on your over two years of encouraging posts for your readers! That’s a real accomplishment. I used the same Scripture on a post of mine, celebrating six months of blogging. Wow, you have been writing a long time!

I pray that your healing will continue, and that you keep ‘trying’. It’s all we can do, and all God asks of us. And you are doing it 🙂
    Blessings,
    Ceil

Dec 02, 2013 @ 19:23:14

Time flies when you’re blogging, Ceil! I actually put my first blog out in August of 2011 not knowing what was going to happen. It’s been fun to see how God has used my writing for His glory. With us all doing our little part, perhaps more will come to know God as their Savior! Thanks for your comments!